Please join us for our 2014 May Knit-A-Long
Nantucket Morning by Carolyn Pfeifer
How about a "Nantucket Morning" Ready for something a little different? Need something to brighten the house for the summer, or the next major holiday? Our May KAL comes from Love of Knitting's Summer 2014 magazine.
A gorgeous table setting instantly transforms a casual brunch into an entertaining and elegant affair. Your guests will admire the interesting stripes and seed stitch texture, but they’ll never have to know how easy these pieces were to knit up.
Skill level: Easy
• 12 skeins Jeannee Worsted by Plymouth Yarn, 51% cotton, 49% acrylic (110 yds/50g).
• U.S. size 8 (5mm) needles, or size required for gauge
• Yarn needle
The pattern is in Love of Knitting Summer 2014 Page 16.
Join us in making a lovely table runner and set of place mats. This quick, easy project will take four weeks. We will meet in the shop on Tuesdays during May in our current location and in the new one once we move.
Arlene will be the moderator of this knit-a-long. The gauge is 22 stitches adn 32 rows = 4", we will use Jeannee Worsted yarn.
We will work on this in the shop Tuesday's from 11a -1p for approximately 4 weeks.
Knit-N-Purl’s Bergere Poncho KAL starts today, January 1st
· Molly wants to know if you are participating.
· You can let her know on Ravelry and follow everyone’s progress here. You must be a member of Knit-N-Purl’s group to be able to post pictures and comments.
· We have started an “Event” within our group. You can access this event from our group page or click on the link below to join the discussion. http://www.ravelry.com/events/bergere-poncho-kal
· Once you’ve joined, you can communicate with everyone participating in this KAL. Use BergereKAL14 in the tag line to make sure your posts are seen by those participating.
· Week 1 Goals have already been posted on Ravelry.
· If you cannot participate throughRavelry, at least email Molly and let her know that you are knitting this poncho with us. We would love a head count of participants.
· We have designated a 2 hour session each Friday afternoon (for the next 2 months) from 4pm-6pm at Knit-N-Purl. Molly will be working on her poncho and can help anyone with their KAL during this time.